Experiential Learning Showcase, Feb. 3
The University of Baltimore's first annual Experiential Learning Showcase—an opportunity for students to share experiential learning projects in a brief presentation to peers, staff, faculty, parents, and alumni—will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 3, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Bogomolny Room in the UB Student Center, 21 W. Mt. Royal Ave. The event is free and open to the public.
More than a dozen students will share their experiential learning projects, in categories including Research and Project-Based Learning, Internship, Study Abroad/Global Field Study, Community Engagement, and Service Learning. Also, a panel of University of Baltimore alumni who participated in experiential learning will describe how this experience impacted their lives and their education.
Participating students and their projects include:
- Megan Hester: "Cultural Resource Management"
- Janine Branch: "Sustainable Development and Aid Effectiveness in Haiti"
- Amber Conklin: "Urbanization at Its Finest"
- Kerrin Smith, Christopher Warman, Chloe McDaniel, and Courtney Smith: "Armagh Projects 2012-14"
- Rumeal Mosley: "The Impact of Perception"
- Paxton Tibbins, Lillian Wong, Nicole Hedgecoth, Jewel Benford and Kevin Wellons: "Busboys and Poets"
- Hank Jones and Gregory Mears: "Modular Design in Game Development"
- Sarah Peters: "Domestic Violence Intake"
- Christine Wertz and Taylor Peck: "A Bridge to Belize"
- Jenelle Azore: "Battlefarm: An Agricultural Boardgame"
Beginning at 1 p.m. a panel discussion will feature the following alumni:
- Syed H. Ali, B.S. '14
- Tkeyah Lake, B.S. '14
- Colin Rau, B.S. '13
- John Zuknick, B.S. '12, M.B.A. '14
Following the panel, these students will present their projects:
- Ariane Tiani-Kameni: "Self-Formatted Project: Cure Sickle Disease"
- Stephanie Danesie: "Genealogy Project: The Life of Stephen Yancura"
- Gisella Preziosa: "Colors in Games"
- Jordan Borkoski: "Comparing Jones Falls Samples' Water Quality, Aquatic Diversity, and Bacterial Concentration"
- Sonce Reese: "Community Collaboration Fellowship"
The Experiential Learning Showcase is sponsored by the Career and Professional Development Center, the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, the Office of Alumni Relations, and the Office of Academic Innovation.
Learn more about UB's Career Events.
The University of Baltimore is a member of the University System of Maryland and comprises the College of Public Affairs, the Merrick School of Business, the UB School of Law and the Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences.